If you’re using Instagram for social media marketing, you probably know how important Instagram stories are. Stories allow you to share behind-the-scenes content, exclusive promotions, user-generated content, and engaging visuals. However, if you’re not tagging someone in your Instagram story, you’re missing out on a great opportunity to build relationships, increase engagement, and reach new audiences. In this article, we’ll show you how to tag someone on Instagram story, and provide you with top secret hacks, examples, and benefits of using story tags.
II. Step-by-Step Guide: How to Tag Someone on Instagram Story
The first thing you need to understand is why tagging someone in your Instagram story is important. Tagging allows you to mention other users, brands, or businesses in your story, which increases their visibility, engagement, and followers. Tagging also helps you build relationships with other Instagram users, and show your appreciation for their content. Here’s how to tag someone on Instagram story:
- Take a photo or record a video for your Instagram story
- Click the ‘@’ sign on the top of the screen
- Enter the username of the person or business you want to tag
- Select the right person or business from the suggested accounts
- Place the tag on the appropriate spot on your image or video
- Resize the tag by pinching or zooming the text
- Add other elements to your story, such as stickers, hashtags, and polls
- Post your story and wait for the engagement to roll in!
When tagging someone on Instagram story, keep in mind that you should choose the right location for the tag. Avoid covering the main content of your story, and place the tag where it provides additional information or context. You can also resize the tag to make it more prominent, or experiment with different fonts and colors to match your brand’s visual identity.
III. Top Secret Instagram Hacks
Now that you know how to tag someone on Instagram story, it’s time to explore some top secret hacks for using Instagram stories more effectively. Here are some tips and tricks to inspire your creativity and increase your engagement:
- Create a series of stories that follow a theme or story arc
- Use location tags to showcase your travel, events, or local promotions
- Add interactive elements such as polls, contests, quizzes, or questions
- Partner with other brands or influencers to co-create stories and cross-promote
- Share user-generated content and showcase your community’s creativity and loyalty
- Use hashtags to increase your discoverability, join trending conversations, and create branded campaigns
- Optimize your story settings for maximum visibility and privacy, such as allowing resharing, hiding stories from certain followers, or adding story highlights
When it comes to using story tags, you can experiment with different approaches to see what works best for your brand and audience. For example, you can use thematic tags to categorize your content or highlight recurring topics. You can also use partner tags to tag other businesses or influencers you’re collaborating with, or shoutout tags to mention your supporters or customers. Hashtag tags can be used in a similar way, but with the added benefit of being searchable and discoverable by a wider audience.
IV. Examples of Great Story Tags
To get a better sense of how you can use story tags, let’s explore some examples of creative and effective tags on Instagram:
- Partner Tag: @tasty uses partner tags to collaborate with other food bloggers and share new recipes or restaurant reviews
- Hashtag Tag: @wholefoods uses hashtag tags to showcase their latest products, recipes, and health tips, while also joining trending conversations such as #plantbased or #cleaneating
- Location Tag: @airbnb uses location tags to showcase their unique accommodations and inspire travelers to explore new destinations
- Shoutout Tag: @starbucks uses shoutout tags to show their appreciation for their customers and followers, while also promoting new drinks or seasonal promos
- Thematic Tag: @nasa uses thematic tags to organize their astronomical content, such as #blackholes, #outerspace, or #moonlanding50
As you can see, there are many ways you can use story tags to enhance your content and engage your followers. The key is to be creative, relevant, and authentic in your use of tags, and to experiment with different approaches to see what works best for your brand and audience.
V. The Power of Story Tags
The benefits of using story tags for marketing and engagement are numerous. According to Instagram, tagging another user in your story can increase engagement by up to 37%. This is because tags help you reach relevant audiences who are interested in your content, as well as provide social proof and credibility for your brand. By tagging other users, you show that you are part of a larger community, and that you value the opinions and contributions of others.
Story tags also help you build relationships with other users, which is essential in social media marketing. By mentioning other businesses or influencers, you open the door to potential collaborations, cross-promotions, or sponsorships. You also show your followers that you’re staying up-to-date with the latest trends and news in your industry, and that you’re willing to share insights and resources with others.
VI. The Etiquette of Instagram Tagging
While tags can be powerful tools in Instagram marketing, there are some etiquette rules you should follow to avoid spamming or annoying your followers. Here are some do’s and don’ts of tagging on Instagram:
- Do: Tag others sparingly and strategically, only when they are relevant to your content and audience
- Don’t: Tag users without their permission, or tag them repeatedly in irrelevant or low-quality content
- Do: Use tags to show appreciation, recognition, or collaboration with other users
- Don’t: Use tags as a way to gain more followers or attention for your brand, without providing value or quality content
- Do: Respect others’ privacy and preferences, such as hiding your story from certain users, or allowing users to untag themselves
- Don’t: Share personal information or confidential data in your tags or stories, or breach others’ intellectual property or copyrights
By following these etiquette rules, you can ensure that your tags are well-received by your audience, and that you’re building positive relationships with other users on Instagram.
We hope this article has helped you learn how to tag someone on Instagram story, and provided you with top secret hacks, examples, and benefits of using story tags. Remember that tagging is an essential part of Instagram marketing and brand building, but it should be done with care, creativity, and authenticity. Use tags to connect with relevant audiences, build relationships with other users, and showcase your unique content and voice on Instagram.