How to Make a Reel on Facebook: A Step-by-Step Guide for Businesses and Personal Users
With the rise of video content across social media platforms, it’s no surprise that Facebook has jumped on the bandwagon with the introduction of “Reels.” A Facebook reel is essentially a short-form video, lasting up to 30 seconds in length, that can be shared with your friends or followers. Whether you’re a business owner looking to promote your brand or just looking to share snippets of your life with your friends, Facebook reels are an excellent way to get creative and engage your audience.
However, the process of creating a reel on Facebook can be daunting for someone who is unfamiliar with video editing or social media. That’s why we’ve created this step-by-step guide to help you navigate the world of Facebook reels. In this article, we’ll provide you with practical tips, best practices, industry examples, and do’s and don’ts to ensure that your Facebook reels stand out from the crowd.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Let’s get started by breaking down the process of creating a Facebook reel into easy-to-follow steps:
- Open Facebook app or navigate to the Facebook website on your computer
- Tap on the “Create” button located on the top right corner of your Facebook home screen, and then select “Reel” from the drop-down menu
- Record or upload creative, engaging footage that meets the Facebook reel guidelines (these guidelines stipulate that reels should be 30 seconds or less, in vertical format, and with a recommended aspect ratio of 9:16)
- Add music, text, filters, or special effects using Facebook’s in-app editing features (you can choose from a vast selection of Facebook music, or you can upload your music)
- Preview and proof-read your reel to ensure that all the edits are perfect
- Post your reel to your Facebook profile or business page for your followers to watch
Remember, the beauty of Facebook reels is that they’re short-form and easy to consume. So, make an effort to capture your audience’s attention right from the first frame. And keep your messaging clear, concise, and engaging throughout the video.
Highlight Reel Examples
If you’re looking for inspiration or want to get an idea of what makes a great Facebook reel, here are some excellent examples to check out:
- Sephora – These reels showcase makeup tutorials and step-by-step guides for achieving different makeup looks. The videos are short, snappy, and visually appealing, highlighting the brand’s pro-approach to makeup.
- The Mayor of London – This Facebook reel promotes the food culture of the city and features a diverse range of food and drink spots that London has to offer. The video does an excellent job of showcasing the brand’s message while keeping viewers engaged with mouth-watering visuals.
- Red Bull – Red Bull is known for its extreme sports sponsorships, and its Facebook reels are no exception. Red Bull reels feature breathtaking stunts and extreme sports events, all set to epic music soundtracks, making the brand’s videos a great watch.
When creating your Facebook reels, it is essential to see what works for different brands and to come up with a unique approach that sets you apart from the competition.
Tips for Creating an Engaging Reel
Making engaging Facebook reels doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some tips on how to make sure your reels stand out:
- Choose engaging and relevant music to accompany your video. Music can enhance the viewer’s experience by setting the tone and mood for the video.
- Make use of the editing features available within Facebook to enhance your video. You can add text, filters, and captions that help highlight your messaging.
- Keep your reels short and snappy. Remember, viewers have limited attention spans, so ensure your video’s content is easily digestible and visually appealing from the first frame.
- Use vibrant and visually stunning graphics to make your video stand out.
- Ensure that you follow Facebook’s reel guidelines to ensure that your video doesn’t get removed for violating community guidelines.
Target Specific Industries
Depending on your industry or niche, there are specific ways to create reels that resonate with your target audience. Here are some industries, along with tips on how to make great Facebook reels:
- Musician and Bands: Record snippets of your gigs, recording sessions, and behind-the-scenes glimpses of your creative process. Consider creating mini music videos or filming your crowd interaction.
- Fitness Trainers: Capture short workout routines and motivational tips using reels. You can also feature clients’ transformation videos to showcase the effectiveness of your program.
- Small Business Owners: Create engaging reels that showcase your business’s products and services. Consider using customer testimonials as a way to build social proof and drive engagement.
Comparisons Between Facebook Reels and Instagram Reels
Although Facebook reels and Instagram reels share many similarities, there are differences worth noting. For instance, while both platforms are visually driven and focused on short-form content, Instagram reels prioritize trending content through its “Explore” page, while Facebook reels tend to prioritize content from friends and family on the newsfeed. Additionally, Facebook follows the same algorithm as Instagram in that the engagement rate, audience behavior, and relevance score of the video impact its reach. However, Facebook reels are more suitable for businesses that have established followership on the platform. On the other hand, Instagram reels are ideal for reaching newer audiences and building followership from scratch.
Do’s and Don’ts
When creating your Facebook reels, there are common mistakes you should avoid. Here are some do’s and don’ts you need to keep in mind:
- Do: Plan your reel before creating it.
- Do: Keep your messaging clear and concise.
- Do: Incorporate relevant hashtag trending on Facebook.
- Don’t: Bite off more than you can chew by creating long and elaborate reels that bore your viewers.
- Don’t: Post reels that violate Facebook’s community guidelines.
- Don’t: Fail to plan and strategize.
If you’ve been holding out on trying Facebook Reels, we hope this guide has given you the confidence you need to start creating reels that stand out and engage your followers on Facebook. Remember, reels can be an effective tool for promoting your brand, sharing your life’s highlights, or showcasing your creativity. So, create, edit, and share the best you can, utilizing Facebook reel to tell beautiful stories that excite and engage your followers.